Apartment and Renting Related Spanish Phrases With Online Audio
Listen To Apartment Spanish Phrases
Here are even more Spanish phrases to use for renting an apartment. These sentences will be of great value to you for doing things like moving to a Spanish speaking country for Spanish immersion. -- And then finding a place to live there. Perhaps you're a landlord who needs to know how to talk to Spanish speaking tenants about renting and apartment in Spanish. If so, read on for important phrases with included audio so you know exactly how to pronounce the phrases.
The phrases listed here will teach you a number of useful ways to communicate about apartments in Spanish, including getting or giving directions to an apartment, talk about the required security deposit, mention that the rooms are recently renovated. Say that there is a person to respond to mechanical emergencies at all times. Be able to talk about the building's close proximity to important area buildings like schools, stores, etc.
Spanish phrases that are commonly heard when talking about apartments.
- Por favor, puedes darme direcciones de los apartamentos.
- Can you please give me directions to the apartments.
- As in English, you can usually place the por favor clause at the beginning or the end of the request.
- Los Veranos son calientes y este apartamento tiene aire acondicionado.
- The summers are hot and this apartment has air conditioning.
- Notice how since the word summers is plural the first four words of this phrase (article, noun, verb, adjective) all have to take on a plural form.
- Estos apartamentos son para familias y tiene un lugar con juegos para niños.
- These apartments are for families and have a place with games for the children.
- This phrase uses the verb son -- There is a difference between ser and estar that should be learned as soon as possible. The verb estar is usually used for things that can change relatively quickly like the weather or a persons health(estas enfermo), and the verb ser is used to talk about things that change seldom or never like a persons hair color or nationality, or in the case of the phrase above, who the apartments were designed for.
- Acabamos de remodelar todos los apartamentos con nueva carpeta y pintura.
- We just remodeled all the apartments with new carpet and paint.
- The verb acabar means to finish and you can use the phrase acabamos de in a lot of situations to say we just or this just happened or that just took place...
- Para rentar este apartamento necesitas dar un depósito de seguridad.
- To rent this apartment you need to give a security deposit.
- Look at all the wonderful cognates in the sentence above! rent, deposit, apartment, deposit, -- Enjoy this and now just concentrate on spelling and pronunciation.
- Los cuartos de este apartamento son muy limpios.
- The rooms in this apartment are very clean.
- Si vives aqui puedes hablar con emergencia de mantenimiento las 24 horas.
- If you live here you can call with a maintenance emergency 24 hours a day.
- Los cuartos tienen alfombra de pared a pared.
- The rooms have wall to wall carpeting.
- A lot of the time you need to be prepared to hear more than one word for a certain item in Spanish. -- Some Spanish speakers use alfombra for carpet and some simply say carpeta.
- Este complejo de apartamentos tiene piscina al interior.
- This apartment complex has an indoor pool.
- Estamos buscando hogar cerca de escuelas, parques, y tiendas.
- We're looking for a home close to schools, parks, and stores.
- El contrato es para 6 meses.
- The contract is for 6 months.
- Most apartments have some sort of contract and you'll want to understand this well to avoid problems.
- ¿Tienen aqui un limite del numero de vehiculos que puedo tener?
- Do you have a limit to the number of vehicles I can have here?