Leisure Time Spanish Phrases
Listen To Free Time Spanish Phrases
This page has additional leisure time related phrases. You can use these phrases to talk with your Spanish speaking friends about the activities you enjoy during your free time. The subjects covered in the Spanish phrases below include topics such as having a chat over a cup of coffee, playing cards,
After you study the phrases on this page you'll be more equipped to talk about your leisure time activities and hobbies in Spanish.
- Vamos a tomar una taza de café y platicar un rato.
- Let's have a cup of coffee and talk for a while.
- This sentence structure of "vamos a tomar", depending on the context, can tell of something that is taking place in the present moment or can act as a suggestion of something you'd like to do. The tone of voice and the situation is what determines the exact meaning. If you want to say something like "why don't we ...", you can say "¿por que no vamos a ...?"
- Cada dia despues de escula oigo mi collection de discos compactos.
- Every day after school I listen to my CD collection.
- Tenemos una hora libre -- ¿Quieres jugar barajas (cartas) ?
- We have an hour free -- Want to play cards?
- ¿Cual es tu juego video favorito?
- What's your favorite video game?
- He estado miembro de liga de boliche por 5 años.
- I've been a member of a bowling league for 5 years.
- Ahorita voy a llevar mi niño al parque.
- I'm taking my son to the park now.
- Voy a caminar tres millas.
- I'm going to walk three miles.
- Spanish is flexible and you can do your best with it before you know all of it. If you know the infinitive form of the verb you want to use but you aren't sure of the conjugated form you need, you can always make sentences like this one and the 2 that follow. You can use the infinitive form of the verb as you see it in the dictionary and put Voy a ... or Vas a ... in front.
- Voy a correr tres millas.
- I'm going to run three miles.
- Voy a nadar tres millas.
- I'm going to swim three miles.
- Voy a broncearme en el sol.
- I'm going to work on my suntan.
- Voy a lavar el carro.
- I'm going to wash the car.
- Voy a leer el periodico.
- I'm going to read the newspaper.