Television Related Spanish Phrases
Listen to Television Spanish Phrases
Would you like to talk about your favorite TV shows in Spanish? Talk about what time the show you want to watch is on. Express ideas on having cable, dish and antenna television. Ask questions and talk about how much cable or satellite television costs per month.
Also talk about the size of a television, and some accessories like a digital video recorder. Talk about ways to rent a movie, and for how long. What new shows do you like to see on TV when the new season begins. Discuss how much the different television options like dish, cable, movie rental, and broadcast: how many channels does each option provide. Do they have a digital signal, etc.
The Spanish phrases on this page and the included audio file will help you to know and be able to pronounce the Spanish phrases you need to talk about Television in Spanish.
- Rento peliculas en la tienda por cinco dias.
- I rent movies from the store for five days.
- Me mandan las peliculas que quiero ver por correo.
- They send me the movies I want to see in the mail.
- The word que is a short, three-letter word but it's used for a lot of words and ideas in Spanish. Some of the meanings of the word que: that, which, what, how. A good Spanish / English dictionary will have over a dozen example sentences showing the different uses for the word que The best way to grasp the meaning of the word que is to know some example sentences with the word que where it has a meaning of that, or which, or what, or how. The sentence above gives you a good example of the word que used to mean that.
- Estoy satisfecho con los canales que vienen gratis.
- I'm satisfied with the free TV channels.
- Mi show favorito empieza a las ocho.
- My favorite show begins at eight o'clock.
- Nuestra casa esta conectada en el sistema de cable.
- Our house is hooked up to the cable system.
- Not all Spanish nouns that end in a are feminine nouns. The word for system, sistema, is an example of a masculine Spanish noun that ends in the letter a.
- Cancelamos cable y tenemos un dish de los satelites.
- We cancelled cable and have a satellite dish.
- ¿Cuanto te cobra al mes por tu dish de los satelites?
- How much do they charge you per month for your satellite dish?
- El dish de satelite que tenemos cuesta veinte al mes.
- The satellite dish we have costs twenty a month.
- Nos dieron un DVR sin costo adicional.
- They gave us a DVR at no additional cost.
- ¿Tienen en el dish shows de caricaturas para los niños?
- Does the satellite dish have cartoon shows for the kids?
- Todo eso trabaja con las nuevas teles digitales.
- All that works with the new digital televisions.
- Ayer compré una tele nueva de 51 pulgadas.
- Yesterday I bought a new 51 inch television.