Barron's Write It In Spanish Workbook
As you know, there's a lot more to communicating in Spanish than just being able to speak. Reading and writing are also very important parts of becoming fluent in Spanish. Do you want to get better at writing in Spanish?
Would you like to be able to write letters to friends in Spanish, or do other types of corresponding in writing in Spanish? Are you looking for help in preparing to pass a Spanish language proficiency test? If you are then this workbook could be a valuable help to you.
While most of the self-study Spanish courses you can buy focus mainly on learning and speaking Spanish - If you want to improve your writing (and reading) then get this workbook. It's written by a college professor and is designed to help you specifically with Spanish proficiency exams.
The focus of the workbook is to improve your ability to write and compose sentences in Spanish. This would be a good item to add to whatever other method (audio CD course, software, classroom, etc.) you're using to learn Spanish.
The book has 40 units (or tareas as they're called), and each one has a theme that you'll write about - it could be going out shopping, going to the movies, taking a vacation, etc. There are a lot of exercises in each unit and all the answers are at the back of the book. After every 3 units, there's a review test. The writing exercises consist of fill in the blank, practice writing your own letter or note on a certain topic, answering questions about yourself in Spanish, and writing/composing sentences of your own in Spanish.
The appendix itself is a valuable reference to the book and good tool for learning Spanish. Here's what you'll find in the appendix, which makes up about a third of the book's pages.
- A list of situations or scenarios that you can use as topics to practice talking and writing in Spanish. These are detailed situations that take place having dinner in a restaurant, or going to a birthday party with a friend, etc.
- A long list of Spanish antonyms with definitions. This is a great way to build vocabulary and Spanish understanding.
- A list of Spanish synonyms.
- A list of Spanish idioms.
- List of the most common Spanish verbs fully conjugated.
- A list of all the verbs used in the book.
- Spanish numbers.
- Index of Spanish words and phrases with their location in the workbook.
- Spanish abbreviations.
- Spanish glossary.
- The answers to the exercises in the book.
- This Spanish writing practice workbook is 168 pages long.
- The suggested price is $8.95
- As is typical with many workbooks, the pages are perforated for easy removal.