Big Red Book Of Spanish Verbs - 555 Fully Conjugated Verbs
Like the title of the book says, you get an incredible 555 Spanish verbs fully conjugated. This book is thick, it takes up 668 pages, and it probably has every Spanish verb you'll ever need to know, in every form.
The layout of the book goes like this. Every verb gets its own page. All the various tenses are fully conjugated, including the progressive tenses. At the bottom of each page is a section titled Usage, where you get the verb used in several common and illustrative sentences.
The helpful sentences are presented in both Spanish and English and they give you a great example of all the different contexts the various verbs could be used in.
Although it's quite large, I found it easy to flip through the book and find the particular verb I was looking for because each verb page has the verb itself printed in large, bold letters. Also, the page numbers are printed large if you're finding a page listed in the index.
One of the most useful features of this book is something called an irregular verb form index. This is a big help at determining the infinitive form of obscure irregular verbs that you're not familiar with. For example, a lot of times, when you're reading something, you come across irregular verb that doesn't look anything like the infinitive form of the verb.
When you open your dictionary to try to get the meaning of the verb it's not in there. This irregular verb index will solve this problem by giving you an alphabetical listing of these irregular verbs with the page number of their definitions and explanations.
Here's a listing of the contents in the book:
- Spanish Tense Profiles
- 555 Conjugated Verbs
- Verb Exercises
- English-Spanish Verb Index
- Irregular Verb Form Index
- Spanish Verb Index
General Comments and Features of the Book
- Suggested retail price is $13.95 USD
- The top 50 verbs are marked with a special symbol and have an entire extra page of example phrases that use the verbs and explain how to use them. There is a list of the top 50 verbs with their page numbers located at the front of the book.
- There are a couple of dozen pages of general Spanish verb instruction, that teach you about the Spanish verb tenses, and how and when to use each tense.
- Verb exersices give you Fill In The Blank type of sentences so you can test your command of the different verbs.