Review Instant Immersion Audio Spanish Course
Instant Immersion is the way to go if you want the completeness of an academic, book type Spanish language course but prefer the convenience of an 8-disk Audio CD set that you can listen to on the go. This comprehensive and complete course even gives lessons on the Spanish alphabet -- something a lot of other courses (especially audio courses) tend to leave out.
They begin by going through the Spanish alphabet and saying the letters and giving you an example Spanish word for each of the letters. Compared to a lot of other audio Cd Spanish courses, this one places much more emphasis on grammar.
There is also a conversation to give you a practical application of your lesson.
The lesson-ending conversations are presented in three helpful formats: 1) At normal speed without any pauses to give you the flavor of the language. 2) Conversation presented with a pause for you to repeat the phrases for practice. 3) Translated conversation where each Spanish phrase is immediately followed by an English translation. At the end of the conversations section there is a series of questions that allow you to test your Spanish comprehension and see how much you picked up in the dialogue.
Instant Immersion Spanish stands out by providing the heavy language details like parts of speech, sentence structure, and grammar - the things you'd find in Spanish books- but in a convenient audio CD package you can listen to in your car.
What's In The Course?
Here is a lesson by lesson, disk by disk overview of the course:
|Lesson 1||Alphabet, Sounds of Letters|
|Lesson 2||Greetings and Introductions|
|Lesson 3||Gender Agreement, Descriptions|
|Lesson 4||Whether, Numbers, Irregular Verbs, Directions|
|Lesson 5||Shopping, Days of the Week, Date|
|Lesson 6||Restaurants and Food|
|Lesson 7||Cultural Notes, Finding Accommodations|
|Lesson 8||Time, Object Pronouns|
General Comments About Instant Immersion Spanish
- Billed as the Number 1 Language Program available
- This course is from Topics Entertainment - based in Washington State.
- They also sell computer software that you can run on your computer at home to learn Spanish.
- The suggested retail price in $19.95 USD and $24.95 CAN
- This is a convenient set to use because each lesson gets its own CD disk. This makes it easy to listen and learn in short episodes like quick trips to the store, etc.
- It's hard to find any drawbacks, problems, or concerns with this Instant Immersion CD course. It gives you a nice combination of popular phrases and vocabulary along with a solid grammar foundation.