Streetwise Spanish - Speak And Understand Everyday Spanish
This book will teach you to fit in with the Spanish speakers. Streetwise Spanish is full of the Spanish that people you talk to use every day. - Not just some stuffy Spanish written in a book and used only in academic situations. These are the slang and expressions and colloquial Spanish that actually gets used by all the native Spanish speakers that you'll come in contact with.
When you use this book, you'll be prepared to recognize certain common phrases that a traditional language class might not teach you. And you'll be able to express yourself in a way people can relate to and are used to hearing.
Streetwise Spanish is suitable for beginner, intermediate, and advanced Spanish speakers. It makes a good supplement, or additional learning material, to be used as a secondary learning product. Use this book to get a handle on common, everyday phrases used in the Hispanic world.
The book delivers its special "street Spanish" in a number of ways:
- It gives you Spanish conversations that use and illustrate the street Spanish.
- It gives you a section of detailed explanations of the slang and idioms that were used in the dialog.
- A vocabulary / glossary section that defines key phrases and words in the chapter.
- An exercise section - where you get to answer questions and test yourself and see what you've learned. (The answers are in the back of the book.)
- A passage of cultural notes, including valuable information on the use of Spanish swear words.
- A section of jokes.
Contents Of The BookHere are some of the topics of everyday Spanish included in the book:
- Greeting People, talking about how you feel
- Talking about the weather and expressing yourself
- Making, accepting, and declining invitations
- Asking for information
- Asking for a favor
- Convincing someone to do something
- Giving compliments, gossiping
- Telling a story
- Expressing love
- Describing people
- Expletives and swear words
- Expressing anger
- Ordering at a restaurant or bar
- 1 book (304 pages)
- From Passport Books
- Retail price $14.95 USD