Car Renting Related Spanish Phrases
Listen To Spanish Car Rental Phrases
Most often when you vacation in a Spanish speaking country you will rent a car to make it easier to get around to the sites and attractions you want to see. Many times this can be arranged through the travel agent or at the airport but if you ever need to talk to a local agent about renting a car this list can help. This list of Spanish sentences and phrases on this page deals with topics that come up when renting a car.
When you study the phrases below you will know how to say you're interested in renting a car and ask to make a reservation for a rental car. You'll also be able to talk about how long you'll be needing the car and how much it will cost.
Additionally, you'll be prepared for common car rental questions and requests in Spanish. You study issues like having a credit card, showing your passport if needed, and signing the proper forms. You'll even be able to make special requests like a luxury model or an alternate drop off location.
- Quiero rentar (alquilar) un carro.
- I want to rent a car.
- The word rentar is used a lot in the United States to mean rent and alquilar is another way. If you have any doubt about which word to use I would never hesitate to just use both words in your sentence. This way you are sure to be understood.
- Estoy aqui de vacaciónes.
- I am here on vacation.
- If you're in a group you can change the above phrase to plural by using the words estamos aqui.
- ¿Por cuantos dias nesecitan el carro (coche)?
- For how many days do you need the car?
- Again, there are multiple ways to say car in Spanish.
- Nesecito un carro por siete dias.
- I need a car for seven days.
- ¿Tiene Usted una targeta de credito?
- Do you have a credit card?
- While most of the phrases on this page used the formal Spanish address you might want to be prepared to hear the informal address as well. Also, when people you don't know use the formal address with you, it's good to respond with the formal address when you talk to them.
- Si, aqui esta mi targeta de credito.
- Yes, here is my credit card.
- Por favor, firme aqui.
- Please sign here.
- Me puede enseñar su pasaporte por favor.
- Please show me your passport.
- ¿Cuanto cuesta este carro por dia?
- How much does this car cost per day?
- Por favor, reserveme un carro.
- Please reserve a car for me.
- ¿Puedo dejar el carro en otra lugar?
- Can I drop the car at another location?
- Me gustaria un carro de lujo.
- I would like to rent a luxury car.