Spanish Phrases for use in the Garden
Listen To Spanish Phrases For Gardening
Here's a list of useful Gardening-Related Spanish phrases with audio. Gardening is a popular pass-time and hobby and many folks like to know how to talk about gardening in Spanish. So the phrases on this page will mention the garden and things that grow in the garden. You'll learn to talk about what's planted in the garden.
Using a shovel and watering the garden. Phrases for talking about planting the seeds and doing the trimming. Talk about popular garden crops like corn, carrots, and beans. And the included audio will teach you how to pronounce the sentences.
So just look over this page and listen to the audio and you'll have everything you need to get started talking about gardening in Spanish.
Spanish phrases to use in the Garden
Listed here are some typical phrases you would hear and use in a garden setting. Many common gardening related items are mentioned in the phrases that follow.
- El jardin tiene flores y verduras.
- The garden has flowers and vegetables.
- La fruta de los arboles es deliciosa.
- The fruit from the trees is delicious.
- El pasto crece mucho en la primavera.
- The grass grows a lot in the Spring.
- Spanish word order is flexible -- you can also put in the spring first when constructing this sentence.
- Uso la pala para mover la tierra.
- I use the shovel to move the soil.
- Las rosas son de varios colores.
- The roses are of several different colors.
- Echo agua al pasto para que se quede verde.
- I water the lawn so it stays green.
- Here's an example of how to say something is done so that something else happens.
- Mis flores son de amarillo y blanco
- My flowers are yellow and white
- Pongo las semillas en la tierra.
- I put the seeds in the ground.
- Pongo una defensa pequeña para que los animales no entran al jardin.
- I put up a small fence so the animals don't get in the garden.
- Here's another cause and effect type of sentence structure that you will use a lot.
- Si no llueve pongo agua con la manguera.
- If it doesn't rain I water with the hose.
- Here's an example of a cause and effect type of sentence in Spanish. If one thing happens (or in this case fails to happen) then another thing will happen.
- El jardin tiene maiz, zanahoria, y frijoles.
- The garden has corn, carrots, and beans.
- In this sentence, the verb tener stays in a singular form because the garden is the subject.
- Necesito cortar los arbustos.
- I need to trim the bushes.