Barron's Master The Basics Spanish
The reasons we learn Spanish are quite a bit varied and somewhat personal. We have friends who speak Spanish and we want to be able to communicate with them in Spanish. We're planning a vacation to a Spanish speaking
The Barron's Master The Basics Spanish book is specifically geared toward Spanish students and business people who need to learn Spanish.
The book takes a 3-step approach to allow readers to master the basics of Spanish.
- The book begins with a Spanish skill assessment test that allows you to gauge the skills you already have with the Spanish language.
- The assessment test is followed by an in-depth review of Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and parts of speech. This section makes up the largest part of the book.
- The the book concludes with a final test to measure the progress you've made - and to show you specific areas you might want to review.
Answers are provided for you to be able to check all the material you're tested on.
Even if you already know a lot about Spanish grammar and parts of speech, the special topics section in the back is worth the price of the book by itself.
- Special topics begins with a large group of Spanish idioms - dozens of common Spanish idioms with their English meanings and usage explanations where needed. These idiomatic phrases are important because this really is the way Spanish is spoken on the street.
- The Common Expressions section picks up where idioms left off, giving you important Spanish phrases to learn and use.
- Telling time
- There are useful sections on Spanish synonyms and antonyms. These are powerful because the more ways you know haw to get something said in Spanish the better you're able to understand the wide variety of Spanish speakers that you come across in the real world.
- There's a section called Tricky Words - which is basically a collection of False Cognates - or words that look similar to English words but have a different meaning.
- Rounding out the contents at the back is a book-wide review (with answers) and a full text index to the topics in the book.
In A Nutshell
- The book is 196 pages - paperback
- The suggested price is $7.95 US Dollar