Quick Spanish For Law Enforcement
Quick Spanish For Law Enforcement is an audio CD and book boxed set with over 2000 Spanish words and phrases used by Law Enforcement personnel. This course will help you know the important phrases for situations where safety depends on you being understood in Spanish. The audio CD is recorded by a native Spanish
The best thing about this course is that it's organized - and it's bases on scenarios - you simply turn to the part of the book/CD for the situation you need to handle in Spanish - whether it's crowd control, traffic stop, arrest, etc. Everything is organized based on the situation you need to handle. There are sections of Spanish phrases for 21 common scenarios you are likely to face specifically as a law enforcement officer.
You can be sure these are the correct phrases for these situations because the course is written by an author with 10 years of experience teaching Spanish to law enforcement professionals.
Here's a list of the real-life situations this course prepares you to handle in Spanish.
- Vehicle stop (high and low risk)
- Search warrant
- Arrest warrant
- Narcotics bust
- Sobriety test
- Store robbery
- Home invasion
- Field interview
- Domestic violence
- Miranda advisement
- Phone contact
- Crowd control
- Basic Spanish Vocabulary
- Law Enforcement Vocabulary
- Commands, Key Questions, and Statements
- Law Enforcement Scenarios
- Culture and survival tips
The book strives to go beyond just teaching words and phrases with English meanings. Here's an example: Throughout the book, there are shaded areas with usage information and tips - like the way the word for witness (testigo) doesn't change it's ending to a when it's a woman - just use la testigo. And there are dozens of these valuable tips sprinkled throughout the book. There's also a caution about the possible confusion between the word padres (for parents) and the word parientes (which actually means relatives).
Features of the course
- 1 audio CD and 1 book - 287 pages
- A bilingual Miranda Warning is included in the course.
- This set is from the McGraw Hill company.
- The tracks on the CD always reference the corresponding page numbers in the book.
- The course comes in a durable, hard plastic case that holds both the book and CD and keeps them safe from damage and moisture when you use them on the road.
- Retail price of the course $19.95 US Dollar.